Website

Wednesday 4 February 2015

"POP" that color

If you were on our facebook page yesterday (www.facebook.com/pinkinkimage) you would have seen that we talked about having a pop of color in your makeup look.  Specifically, we talked about red lips.  For some, red lipstick is the norm.  For others it's like HECK NO!!!  And then for others it's more, I would, but red lipstick doesn't look good on me.  For me, if I'm honest, I was in the third group for a long time.  I think I was into my late twenties before I even attempted red lipstick.  But then I realized, not all red lipstick is the same.  I started to study undertones of skin and undertones of colors and then studied how to match them all up.  Well, I won't bore you with the details, BUT I will give you the Coles Notes versions with pics!  Know this, there is that perfect red out there made for you!  Just check out below.

Fair skin tone with a cool undertone (pink) - go for a raspberry red!




Fair skin tone with red hair; Medium skin tone with yellow undertone; Tan with warm undertone - go for an orange red!






Golden skin tone  - deep berry/plum red!


Medium skin tone with neutral undertone; dark skin tone with warm undertone - blue-red will look great on you!




Tan with neutral - anything (lucky you!)




Dark with cool undertone - Metallic reds and plums


This is not an exhaustive list and it truly could go on and on but at least you have a starting place.  

We interrupt your reading pleasure to ensure that we don't get sued or called out:  PINK INK DID NOT PROVIDE MAKEUP FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE IMAGES.  PINK INK DOES NOT OWN ANY OF THE ABOVE IMAGES.  Just had to make it clear.  We googled the images so that we could provide you with examples.  Now, back to the blog.

Hopefully we have given you a starting place.  Oops, said that already.  Go to the store, or call up your beauty consultant and try some different colors.  Feel sexy in it and you will feel confident in it.  Then go out and conquer the world girl!!!  Who knew lipstick had such power - lol

Yours in Beauty,

Pink Ink


Pink Ink




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you leave us a question we will respond within 48hrs! You can also email us at pinkink.brand@gmail.com and tweet @pinkink3